This is a full-time position that will design, develop, implement and support our K-12 data integration solutions and data integration utilities.
Increasing diversity on our team will improve our team understanding, communication with, and support of districts and schools. Therefore, the Central Minnesota Educational Research and Development Council (cmERDC) welcomes candidates from historically marginalized and oppressed classes.
This is a fully remote position.
This position will work with product managers, our customers and other software developers to maintain and enhance our products and services.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain ETL (extract, transform, load) processes to extract data from Student Information Systems, assessment systems and other customer data sources and convert extracted data into formats required by our learning solutions.
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to source data.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues.
- Write stored procedures for loading data and generating reports.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain web (and desktop) based solutions to enhance and monitor the ETL processes for collecting data, staging data, cleansing data, standardizing data, and publishing data into our learning solutions products.
- Recommend changes/enhancements to resolve recurring production incidents.
- Create and maintain technical and user documentation in support of the data loading and data integration applications developed.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure customer satisfaction. Coordinate activities with customers and product teams to ensure installation is successful and on time. May act as a customer contact during implementations.
- Research and remain up-to-date on current data extract, transform and load technologies
- Important Notice: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Solid understanding of data, database structures, data warehousing concepts and data modeling
- Experience with school district data
- Experience with Data Model Standards, preferably education data standards such as EdFi, SIF, or IMS (i.e OneRoster).
- Experience developing systems following the REST architectural style
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server including Microsoft SSIS
- Experience working with spreadsheet applications to assist in importing data
- Programming experience using Node, C# and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks at the same time
- Ability to work in a remote setting
Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field required. Additional technology related experience may be used in lieu of higher education (two years of experience in lieu of each year of higher education).