PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position is responsible for managing customer relationships and marketing and sales of products. Sales account managers develop long-term relationships with customers ensuring successful implementation and use as well as securing new sales.
CLASSIFICATIONS: Administrative - Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Learning Solutions
LOCATION: Work from home; Minnesota residency required.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Account Manager who is passionate about building relationships with educators to help them use software tools to enhance their job experience. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to represent the customer’s voice to help deliver the company’s vision and mission.
As a Sales account manager, you should work to satisfy customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented.
Ultimately, you should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by communicating with customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Help develop Viewpoint® product pricing, positioning strategies, and product budget
- Supervise support team members to ensure resolution to customer issues
- Maintain application and content expertise to support customers and stay current on industry trends.
- Act as a customer advocate by helping them resolve issues, onboarding new customers, and configuring their site for optimal experience.
- Deliver training and user group meetings to support customer success. Some travel may be required for in-person trainings.
- Drive product vision including working with executives, and other product management team members
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
Important Notice: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Proven work experience as a Sales account manager
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Ability to organize, set priorities, handle multiple tasks, identify importance and maintain flexibility
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Previous experience working with data analytics or student data in a school setting. Experience with Viewpoint® desired
- Knowledge of CRM software, MS Office, entry SQL knowledge a plus
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time
- Comfortable working with limited supervision. Individual should be self-directed
- Comfortable working in a remote team environment and delivering online training
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Education or related field. Up to eight years of additional technology and/or education related experience may be used in lieu of higher education (two years of experience in lieu of each year of higher education).
Minimum of five years of educational technology support. Minimum of three years’ experience supporting the Pearson SASI, SIS and MN State Reporting, or experience as a Data Assessment Coordinator or similar position in a school district. One to three years’ supervisory experience desirable. Experience as a Viewpoint® Administrator highly desirable.